We're Hiring - Associate
Our mission is to help build amazingly successful businesses
Take the pain out of compliance work
GST filings, corporate tax returns, payroll remittances. These are neither fun nor sexy. That’s why we build systems around them and take them out of your hands.
Our value is in empowering you to make decisions with knowledge. We take the time to teach and learn your business.
Give you back your time
If you are doing your bookkeeping and accounting, what could you be doing instead? Our goal is to give you the time to focus on the things that are impactful to your business or personal life.
Provide good information
We provide you excellent, up to date information about your business to make effective decisions. We have lots of ideas about what businesses should be concerned about, but we want to hear your ideas too. Then, we want to get you the information you need.
Provide fixed prices
There are a lot of unknowns in business. We want one less thing to worry about. You can pick up the phone or schedule a call with us without having to worry about hourly billing.
But we use it wisely. It’s not a cure-all, but we leverage it in a way that we can stay more connected with you and give you the most up-to-date and accurate information possible.
We find a better way.
We care and show it.
We do what we say we are going to do.
We succeed and fail together.
No Squirrels allowed.
We bring a brisk and cheerful willingness to all we do.
We value the ridiculous and amusing.
We are a growing online accounting services company and need an Associate to grow with us. This is a junior position and would suit someone looking to begin the CPA program or someone who has a combination of a diploma or certificate in accounting and a year or more of relevant work experience in the field. The role will have a focus weekly updating of financials, managing payroll and helping to streamline and improve our processes. As we are growing, so will the role. We promise it won’t be boring!
We are looking for someone who wants to make their stamp on a new and growing business. Our success will be dependent on everyone’s input, so we need someone who can take responsibility and is up for a challenge.
- Work remotely or in our co-working space as you wish. Initial training will be conducted in the office, but after that you are free to work how you are most productive. Work anywhere there’s Internet
- We are strictly a results-over-work environment - we don’t track time
- We value working smart over working hard
- Health and Medical Benefits
- Training stipend each year to take the courses you want to further your career
- Cell phone stipend
- Profit Sharing
- Company performance transparency (you’ll learn the business inside and out)
- Beer on tap
- Have a keen interest in entrepreneurship and small business
- Are tech savvy and interested in learning and researching the latest apps. We always want to know if there is a better way to do things.
- Get a weird sense of accomplishment from making things balance that your friends don’t really understand
- Bring a positive mental attitude to all you do
- Are organized and not afraid of a challenge
- Are comfortable talking to clients
- Have completed an accounting certificate or equivalent
- May have some bookkeeping experience (a plus, but not required)
- Are open to flexible working - we need you to be available, but we won’t schedule you
- Think that we would be a good fit for you
Given the above information, tell us how you would be a good fit for this position. Why do we need to hire YOU? We want to hear about you as a person and how you work. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org