WE’RE HIRING - ASSOCIATE
We are a growing online accounting services company and need an Associate to grow with us in our Victoria office. You will work with enthusiastic team members who know that quality of life and enjoying your work is as important as getting your work done.
This is a junior position and would suit someone looking to begin the CPA program or someone who has a combination of a diploma or certificate in accounting and a year or more of relevant work experience in the field. This position will have a focus on customer on-boarding as well as updating of financials on a weekly and monthly basis, preparing corporate year-ends, and helping to streamline and improve our processes. As we are growing, so will the role. We promise it won’t be boring!
Avalon succeeds as a team. We offer profit sharing and the opportunity for your career to grow as Avalon does.
- Work remotely or in our co-working space as you wish. Initial training will be conducted in the office, but after that you are free to work how you are most productive. Work anywhere there’s Internet
- We are strictly a results-over-work environment - we don’t track time
- We value working smart over working hard
- Health and Medical Benefits
- Training stipend each year to take the courses you want to further your career
- Cell phone stipend
- Profit Sharing
- Company performance transparency (you’ll learn the business inside and out)
- Have a keen interest in entrepreneurship and small business.
- Are tech savvy and interested in learning and researching the latest apps. We always want to know if there is a better way to do things.
- Get a weird sense of accomplishment from making things balance that your friends don’t really understand.
- Bring a positive mental attitude to all you do.
- Are organized and not afraid of a challenge.
- Are comfortable speaking to clients.
- Have completed an accounting certificate or equivalent.
- Are open to flexible working - we need you to be available, but we won’t schedule you.
- Think that we would be a good fit for you
Given the above information, tell us how you would fit in this role! Why do we need to hire YOU? We want to hear about you as a person and how you work. Send your application to email@example.com
Our mission is to help build amazingly successful businesses
We started Avalon because we believe that small businesses deserve a better deal. More small businesses will thrive if they have the right advice, support and service when it comes down to dollars and cents. That’s where we come in.
GET YOUR TIME BACK
If you are doing your own bookkeeping and accounting, what could you be doing instead? Our goal is to give you the time to focus on the things that are impactful to your business or personal life.
Whether you are going for a round of financing or applying for a loan, you need your financials ready. We update your records monthly at a minimum and are savage task masters, so we'll keep you up date for anything that comes down the pipe.
WE’RE TECH-SAVVY PROBLEM SOLVERS
Our customers look to us for ideas and solutions when it comes to their day-to-day operations. Inventory, cash flow, you name the challenge and we’ll help you conquer it.
PEACE OF MIND
As a business owner, the last things you need to be worried about are filings and remittances. We've got your back.
We use fixed pricing so you can pick up the phone or schedule a call with us without having to worry about hourly billing. You will never get a bill you didn't see coming. We're accountants you'll want to talk to.
BETTER BUSINESS DECISIONS
We provide you excellent, up-to-date reports about your business to help you make effective decisions. We don’t just give you data, you’ll receive customized reports, analysis and friendly expert advice from your CPA.
Ingenuity - We find inventive solutions to problems.
Enthusiasm - We care and show it.
Reliability - We do what we say we are going to do.
Collaboration - We succeed and fail together.
Focus - No squirrels allowed.
Alacrity - We bring a brisk and cheerful willingness to all we do.
Buffoonery - We value the ridiculous and amusing.