Back to the blog


Underused Housing Tax - UHT Guide in Plain English

This article will explain Canada’s Underused Housing Tax (UHT) in plain English. It will help you understand who has to file a UHT return and who has to pay the Underused Housing Tax.

Paul Sharpe, CPA, CA
Mar 23, 2023

My Employer Says I Need to Incorporate, What Do I Do?

What to do when your employer asks you to incorporate

Joe Collins, CPA, CA
Dec 6, 2021

How to use the CRA My Business Account

This article will explain how to set up your "CRA My Business Account." It will also show you how to use your CRA My Business Account to authorize a representative (typically your accountant).‍

Paul Sharpe, CPA, CA
Sep 28, 2022

How to Shut Down Your Corporation in Canada

This guide will help you understand how to dissolve your company in Canada and we'll discuss the tax implications of winding up your business.

Jonathan Candel, CPA
Oct 24, 2022

Fall 2020 COVID-19 Update for Business Owners

Here are the latest updates on COVID-19 support for small businesses in Canada.

Oct 27, 2020

How to Pay Taxes to the CRA

When the time comes to paying your personal or business taxes, CRA offers several ways to pay — paying in person at your bank or any Canada Post outlet across Canada, by sending a cheque or paying online. Among those, we will outline debit card and online banking payments as they are easier and more convenient.

Khine Thwe, CPA, CGA, FCCA
Jul 7, 2021

COVID-19 Update for Business Owners and Taxpayers

We’ve been following the news closely regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and how it is affecting Canadians.It’s tough to wade through all of the information out there as it changes drastically day-by-day. For that reason, we’ve created a summary of information that is useful for business owners and taxpayers to know.

Paul Sharpe, CPA, CA
Mar 17, 2020