We are a growing online accounting services company in search of a full-time Senior Manager to grow with us. You will work with enthusiastic team members who know that quality of life and enjoying your work is as important as getting your work done.
At Avalon, excellent customer interactions are at the heart of everything we do. The Senior Manager is responsible for expertly balancing the needs of clients while making sure our team members are supported and set up for success. Our ideal candidate has proven success in a leadership role with a passion for mentorship and knowledge sharing.
With at least 5 years of experience in a small-medium accounting firm, you have advanced knowledge of accounting fundamentals and small business taxes, but find your best work is done when you’re directly supporting your clients. As a senior member of the Avalon team, you will be responsible for client management and quality control while supporting the growth and development of the company.
This position is ideal for someone with a combination of public accounting and customer service experience. You will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and care deeply about the success of your clients and co-workers.
- Avalon succeeds as a team. We offer profit sharing and the opportunity for your career to grow as Avalon does.
- Work remotely or in our co-working space as you wish; you are free to work where you are most productive.
- We value working efficiently and solicit team feedback for improving our processes.
- We value working smart over working hard.
- Base salary range of $85,000 - $105,000 with future ownership opportunities.
- Profit Sharing.
- Health and Medical Benefits.
- Training stipend each year to take the courses you want to further your career.
- Cell phone stipend.
- Company performance transparency (you’ll learn the business inside and out).
- Have a keen interest in entrepreneurship and small business.
- Have a minimum of 5 years public practice accounting experience in a management role.
- Have your CPA designation.
- Proven experience managing a team of 8-12 staff.
- Are tech savvy, use technology in your everyday life, and are interested in learning and researching the latest apps.
- Bring a positive mental attitude to all you do.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Are organized and not afraid of a challenge.
- Are open to a flexible schedule - we need you to be available, but we won’t schedule you.
Our mission is to help businesses thrive. We started Avalon because we believe that small businesses deserve a better deal. More small businesses will thrive if they have the right advice, support and service when it comes down to dollars and cents. That’s where we come in.
Ingenuity - We find inventive solutions to problems.
Enthusiasm - We care and show it.
Reliability - We do what we say we are going to do.
Collaboration - We succeed and learn together.
Focus - No squirrels allowed.
Alacrity - We bring a brisk and cheerful willingness to all we do.
Buffoonery - We value the ridiculous and amusing.
Empathy - We seek first to understand.
How to apply
Please submit your application through this link or the button below.
We are hiring on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply early.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.