What Does Jotform Do?
Jotform is a free cloud-based form building application that offers over 10,000 templates in many categories. It is one of the most well known form builders out there and has over a million users.
The Jotform form builder has a drag-and-drop interface that is easy to use when creating and customizing forms. It works well on any mobile device as a mobile app but is the easiest to use within a desktop browser.
With Jotform, you can access high-quality templates across different industries and form types. There are numerous types of questions that can be added to your forms. They pretty much have every type that you could need plus some other interesting ones such as:
- Fill in the blanks - create a sentence and leave a word or words blank.
- Signature - this allows respondents to sign the form to provide consent or agree to something.
- Appointment scheduling - allow your respondents to schedule a meeting or appointment directly within the app.
- Image choice - this offers a multiple choice selection, but the responder chooses an image instead of text.
- Captcha - keep the bots at bay by adding captcha to your form.
- Emoji slider - a new way of sending a satisfaction survey - push the slider from 😭 up to 😁... or get creative and go from 💩 to 💎?...
- Star rating - If you’d rather go with the classic star rating field instead of the emoji slider.
- Product list - a powerful ecommerce function that allows you to display your products, prices, shipping rates, sales taxes and a lot more. People can order and pay directly from the form.
Why We Love Jotform
Jotform is the most well rounded of the form builders that we’ve used. It’s really turned into a whole ecosystem of products to help business owners do all the things.
Jotform boasts a huge selection of form templates to get you started quickly. You can search for a keyword and Jotform will suggest templates. You can also search within different categories and sub categories to find the form template that works best.
Integration with Payment Gateways
Jotform has a long list of payment processors that can be included in your forms, including:
There are no additional transaction fees added when you collect payment through your forms. Some other form building applications allow for payment processing within the forms, but they add a transaction fee on top of the payment processors’ fees.
Mobile App for Android and iOS
The Jotform mobile app is available for Android and iOS. It’s pretty great to be able to create forms or check responses on the go. It works surprisingly well but you’ll still likely want to save the complex form building for the web application.
Jotform Apps is a seriously impressive product that’s included in all of Jotform’s pricing tiers. It allows anyone to build a mobile app for their business quickly and without the need for coding or design skills of any kind.
There really is a huge number of ways that small businesses could use the Jotform app builder. Once you see a few of the app templates, it can really get you thinking on how a mobile app could be used.
Use an app to connect with your customers, increase sales, collect data, organize employees, build checklists, book appointments, share a food menu, sell things online. So many options!
Check out our YouTube video below on how to build an app for your small business using the Jotform App builder.
Jotform has built up its product offerings to include Jotform Tables
Jotform Tables provides a database system similar to AirTable. It’s an excellent addition that allows businesses to organize and manipulate data within an easy-to-use interface.
You can collaborate with your team in Jotform Tables to work on databases together and share data within your organization.
Use Cases for Jotform
It’s actually amazing how versatile Jotform is. If you need to collect data, get consent, send a quote, register for an event or send a customer survey, Jotform has you covered.
Check out their templates page to view over 10,000 form templates and hundreds of use cases.
Some examples where we’ve used form builders at Avalon include:
- Marketing - Lead generation on the website (provide pricing info, download PDF guides etc.)
- Sales - New client intake forms
- Operations - Gathering year-end information from clients
- Operations - Various forms to take notes at specific meetings (new client kick-off for example)
- Operations - Tax information forms to gather general info before preparing tax returns
- Operations - Customer satisfaction surveys
- HR - Setting up employee benefits
- HR - Job application forms
- HR - Aptitude tests (Accounting, bookkeeping and general admin)
- HR - Silly questionnaires or quizzes to send to the team to add to our website once filled out.
- HR - Nominating a superstar Avalonian (Team member of the month nominations)
- HR - Check-in forms that team members fill out before having a 1-1 with their supervisor
That’s just what’s in use right now. We have another 30 forms sitting in an archive that we no longer use but did at one point.
Jotform provides several plans tailored to different business needs. The differences mainly relate to usage limits like number of forms, users and form responses each month.
The pricing tiers are:
- Starter - Free always
- Bronze - $34 USD per month
- Silver - $39 USD per month
- Gold - $99 USD per month